Prev: RE: A question of Suppression Next: RE: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules

Re: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 00:31:36 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules

You wrote:

>After having a full 9 man OU squad be defeated in a close assault by
the >remains of a power armour squad (1 man), I was surprised to find
that there >was nothing in the Stargrunt II rules that covers a
numerically inferior >squad declaring and initiating a close assault on
a numerically superior >squad.

>As the rules stand now, a single solider doesn't seem to care if he is
>ordered to assault a single man or a full 10 squad and will cheerfully
(ie. >he has a confidence level of CONFIDENT) attempted the assault
with a +0 >modifier on his REACTION TEST no matter what the odds.

As you note above, if he's in power armor, he's got a LOT to be
confident about.  Ate 9 men for breakfast?  One wonders what he'll do
with all those prisioners.  My inclination would be duct tape, but then
again as an Engineer I'm likely to have that on or near my person.

John

Prev: RE: A question of Suppression Next: RE: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules