Prev: Re: Carrier design in FT Next: Test Message

Re: Launching non fighters (FTL drive)

From: Jon Davis <davis@a...>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 20:42:38 -0400
Subject: Re: Launching non fighters (FTL drive)

It becomes a function of the percentage mass requirements
of the FTL drive.  The 10% mass of the FTL drive (FB) makes
the dedicated System Defense Boats not as cost effective under the
FT2 game.  With a 25% bonus in mass, an identical mass SDB
can pack a tremendous punch.

The character of the game can be radically changed if the mass
requirements for the FTL drive were changed (via a house rule)
to 30% or 50%.	I could see a campaign game situation where
one race has different FTL requirements or if the FTL mass is an
item available for research up a technology tree.