Prev: Re: Very Off Topic (Re Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we!) Next: Re: FT Campaign Aid

Re: Very Off Topic (Re Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we!)

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 01:28:04 +0000
Subject: Re: Very Off Topic (Re Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we!)

At 08:30 05/08/98 +1000, you wrote:
>G'day Rob,
>
>>What about the glorious Clangers?!
>>Did they make it round the world too? (Aside- a friend of mine had a
>>Clanger, knitted by her mum, nicked from this very lab last year.  A
>>shocking act of criminality.)
>>

>They may have, but I've never encountered them. After saying this what
are
>they (may be they were renamed down here?)
>
>Cheers
>
>Beth

'Lo;
     The Clangers were the finest knitted pink aliens in the history of
SF-
look at http://www.clangers.co.uk/ for images etc.  They appeared in
about 2
dozen 10 minute shows from the late '60s\early '70s.  Other frequent
participants were the Froglets, the Iron Chicken and the Soup Dragon and
her
child.	Completely charming.

Rob
"Rob Paul

Dept of Zoology
Oxford University
South Parks Road
Oxford
(01865) 271124
"Auld an' bald!"
"

Prev: Re: Very Off Topic (Re Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we!) Next: Re: FT Campaign Aid