Prev: Re: The Party is cancelled. Next: Re: [Very OT] Re: Re Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we!

Re: Fighter/ Bombers for FT...

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 16:03:04 -0700
Subject: Re: Fighter/ Bombers for FT...

Mike Wikan wrote:

> This is a suggested addition to FT for those of you who like a little
> more "Oomph" in your fighter groups...
>
> Disposable Submunition packs for Fighters.
> Cost=2 per fighter
>
> These packs may be added to Standard and Heavy fighters and consist of
> short range Hunting antiship missiles. They have a 6" range and
function
> as a submunition pack with 1 die rolled per fighter in the attacking
> squadron. a 1-3 misses, 4-5 scores 1 point, and a 6 scores two points.
> Shields have no effect. As long as the fighters are armed with Sub
Packs
> they are considered laden and dogfight with other fighters as if they
> were attack fighters. At the beginning of any dogfight, a squadron may
> choose to jettison it's Submunitions, losing them for the remainder of
> the battle. If the squadron jettisons it is considered a fighter of
it's
> basic type as normal.
>
> This will give a slight edge to fighter squads attacking shielded
> targets.
>
> Michael Wikan, Game Designer
> Accolade, Inc.

Mike,

Somehow, I think that an 18 dice attack by one squadron is a
bit much.

     How 'bout this:

1)     One sub-pack carried by a squadron.
2)     Cost is as one sub pack.
3)     Attack is 3D6, as a sub-pack.   An additional limitation
       that the attack cannot score more damage the craft remaining
       in the squadron when the attack is executed.

(Mike, Minicon on saturdsy the 15th, call for details or e-mail.
JTL.)

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: The Party is cancelled. Next: Re: [Very OT] Re: Re Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we!