Prev: Re: FT Campaign Aid Next: Re: FT Campaign Aid

Re: FT Campaign Aid

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 09:32:52 -0700
Subject: Re: FT Campaign Aid

Niall Gilsenan <ngilsena@indigo.ie> wrote:

[snip]

>If you have a copy of them the Starfire Campaign rules might be useful
for
>coming up with a play aid.  We did use a spreadsheet for our Starfire
>campaign a couple of years ago, mainly it focussed on orders, ship
design,
>ship maintainance costs, message delays, fleet locations, construction
>queues, technology and research costs.

I play Imperial Starfire, and I DO have a FileMaker Pro campaign
template
for it. However, I was thinking of starting out with something a little
less grand-strategic for FT. My initial vision, which could then be
added
to in time, is something that simply allows for a series of connected
battles, or perhaps one front of a war.

>I can't remember exactly but there may be some software out there for
>Starfire which was useful for running a camapign.  It may give you some
>idea as to what is required.

There is a software package out there (you can get details on obtaining
it
at the SDS Starfire homepage
http://cd.murr.missouri.edu/sds/SF-main.html),
but it isn't quite what I was thinking of; it's very complex, and I was
thinking of something a little more simple and elegant - in keeping with
the FT rules themselves.

Schoon

Prev: Re: FT Campaign Aid Next: Re: FT Campaign Aid