Prev: Re: Email Problems Next: Re: The Party is cancelled.

Re: Campaign administration software?

From: "Jared E Noble" <JNOBLE2@m...>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 14:03:13 -0900
Subject: Re: Campaign administration software?

For those interested - I'll put in another plug for my Palm-pilot based
Fleet Book design spreadsheet.	I still need to redo some of the
calculations for the auto-compute Mass, (it currently is affected by
some
significant rounding errors).  It is a redesigned version of Schoon's
FT3
spreadsheet.  I first did it in Quicksheet (a spreadsheet that plays
well
with excel, but costs $50) and then last week retrofitted it to
tinysheet.

I might look at doing a DSII/SGII vehicle design sheet, but I warn you,
have never played either (or designed many vehicles).  The first place
start (I think) is an excel design sheet, then I can rip out and rework
anything that doesn't scale downward onto the smaller programs.  If
anyone
has one the especially like I'd be happy to take a look-

Please e-mail me directly if interested or have helpful ideas.	I will
send
notice an update of my FTFB spreadsheet when I have figured out a fix
for
the rounding errors.  An updated version will be sent automatically to
those that have already requested a copy when ready.

Thanks,

Jared Noble
jnoble2@mail.arco.com

Ted Arlauskas <ted@naxera.com> on 08/02/98 04:24:56 AM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

To:   FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
cc:    (bcc: Jared E Noble/AAI/ARCO)

At 05:09 AM 8/2/98 +0000, you wrote:
>On Sat, Aug 01, 1998 at 09:18:37PM -0500, Michael Smit wrote:
>> Has anybody taken a stab at writing GZG apps for the Palmpilot?
>> It'd give me another kick in the pants to go out and get one.
>
>    I just got one, and I've been looking for an excuse to
>write a program for it. One of the symptoms of "programmer's disease":
>anything that _can_ be programmed, _must_ be programmed.
>
>    I had thought of a ship display for FT, but that would be
>_hard_. A better idea is a "chit-puller" for DSII. Now I just
>need to find a count of each chit...
>
>--
>crawford@iac.net

Wow - a "chit puller" for DS2 would be great.  My Pilot is
surgically attached and I always forget to bring a cup for the chits
when I play.
Here's one - how about a vehicle design program?  If it helps, there's
a shareware spreadsheet program called "TinySheet."

     Greetings from  | http://www.naxera.com/ted
       GEEK BASE 1   |	email: ted@naxera.com

Prev: Re: Email Problems Next: Re: The Party is cancelled.