Prev: RE: Simple is good Next: SG: Close Assault Combat and armour

Re: Simple is good

From: Jon Davis <davis@a...>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 19:43:53 -0400
Subject: Re: Simple is good

> I guess I'm the only one here that plays ASL.... <g>
>
> I like simplicity too, (And at a con, you're pretty much limited to
that
> route) but I don't like rules that disallow basic things you would do
in
> real lfe. Once abstraction gets in the way of that then the rules are
> too simple for me and we might as well just distill the whole game
down
> to a single die roll to determine winner and loser.

Not the only one.  But it has been a long time since I've played.  One
of the refreshing things about FT is that fact that I never have to
consult the rule book or a table when playing.	You can't say that
for ASL.  I would always have to dig into that 200+ page looseleaf
rulebook to find the case and rule that I was looking for.  Too much
tedium.

Bottom line.  I have far too little time to play games than when I was
younger and without the 'middle-age' responsibilties.  I prefer to
keep the games simple, but the tactics and strategies complex.

Jon Davis

Prev: RE: Simple is good Next: SG: Close Assault Combat and armour