Prev: Re: Simple is good Next: Re: Stargrunt WWII conversion

Re: Stargrunt WWII conversion

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 14:50:07 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Stargrunt WWII conversion

	Howdy!

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Los wrote:

> Has anyone done something like this? The reason I ask is that I have
at
> elast one company fo German and British Paras, and though I love
> skirmish level, controlling THAT many guys would take for ever, unless
> we go the Stargrunt route. I thought I remembered seeingthat someone
had
> done a WW2 conversion.

	A few people have put DSII WWII stuff on their websites, and you
can easily convert that over to SGII.

	We ran a 20mm WWII game a while ago with German Gebirgsjaegers
versus Russians;

	No armour, 1D8 move
	Rifles	FP1, 1D10 damage
	SMGs	FP2, 1D6 damage, CLOSE only
	SAWs	1D8 support, 1D10 damage (a bren or BAR would be 1D6
		support)
	Panzerfaust	1D10 support, 1D12 (Heavy 1D12x2)
	Panzershreck	1d10 damage (Heavy D10x2)
	Most tanks (Pz IV, T34) would have level 2-3 armour

	With the generics weapon list in the SGII rules, you can pretty
much guesstimate any conflict from the Boer War on up.	We've done
Vietnam
in 20mm using SGII, but I would *love* to try some Desert Storm in 20mm.
Platoon 20 out of England/Ireland does a pretty extensive line of modern
(20th century) figs.  Some of the WWII and Vietnam figs are *crap*, but
they have a wide selection.

	What figs do you use for your WWII games?

	Laterish!

	Ken

Prev: Re: Simple is good Next: Re: Stargrunt WWII conversion