Prev: Re: Simple is good Next: Re: Stargrunt WWII conversion

Re: Simple is good

From: "Tom Sullivan" <starkfist@h...>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 10:19:36 PDT
Subject: Re: Simple is good

>agree.  Full Thrust, DBx and its variants and the fairly new Charlie
>Company (RAFM's Vietnam skirmish/roleplaying rules) are probably the
>most popular because they are adaptable, fast and the rules don't get
>in the way of the game.

As a friend of mine once put it: "When I am gaming, I want to be
spending my time thinking about the game, not about the rules."  I think

that this sums my way of thinking up pretty well.  It should be noted,
as well, that "simple" does not neccessarily mean "easy" or "stupid", or

"childish" --when you get right down to it, Chess is a really simplified

set of wargaming rules.

It's simplicity is, I think, one of the primary virtues of the Full
Thrust rules.  Its adaptability runs a close second.

Tom Sullivan
"'Check. And Mate.' 'Don't MAKE me use my nukes, man....'"

Prev: Re: Simple is good Next: Re: Stargrunt WWII conversion