Prev: Re: DS2 scenery question Next: Re: RopeCon 98 Report

Re: DS2 scenery question

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 17:21:15 +0100
Subject: Re: DS2 scenery question

>At approximately 7/30/98 8:47 AM,  Tim Jones wrote:
>
>>Are the roads on the DS2 cover and the Microtac City Blocks
>>Illustration in the on-line catalog by Geohex or something else?
>>
>>I want some roads like these.
>
>I believe it's the CITY BLOX 1 & 2 listed in the Geo-Hex terrain system
>add-ons section.
>
>I've always wanted to have a DS2 game with my grunts stopping off at
>Jon's Bar for a quick one (see the back cover of the rulesbook if
you're
>wonder what I'm talking about).

The ones on the DSII back cover photo, and in one of the inside shots,
as
well as on the GZG online catalogue (Paul Owen's site), are not the
GeoHex
road sets (though any shots on GeoHex's catalogue site probably DO use
their Citiblox sheets). The ones in the photos are actually a model
railway
accessory - some Z gauge (approx. 1/220) flexible self-adhesive road
strip
by a German firm (either Heki or Busch, can't remember which and the
packet
is long gone!). It is a sort of thin foam tape that will accept gentle
curves (you can also buy packs of tighter curved bits for it, plus
crossroads etc.) and can be stuck down permanently on most surfaces.
The GeoHex Citiblox sets are fabric sheets printed with road and
pavement
pieces, which are designed to be temporarily laid over your terrain
system
as you wish for each game.

Jon (GZG)