Prev: Re: Fleet Book Availability? Next: Re: Fleet Book Availability?

Re: Fleet Book Availability?

From: "Tom Sullivan" <starkfist@h...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 06:31:41 PDT
Subject: Re: Fleet Book Availability?

>I really don't know what the heck is going on with the US distribution
>system. GeoHex have had copies since the beginning of June, and they
wasted
>no time (AFAIK) in shipping them out to distributors.
>Distributors who tell stores it is unavailable either don't know what
they
>are talking about, or simply can't be bothered.
>I would strongly recommend that if you think you have given your store
>fair chance to get it for you, and they've failed, you should order
direct
>from GeoHex.
>
>Jon (GZG)

     Due to the merger of two of the biggest American distributors,
Chessex and the Armory, things are really and truly a mess right now.
Standing orders are scrambled to hell and back, and the chaos shows no
signs of ending anytime soon.  Please give the local stores a chance,
though--this is hitting them MUCH harder than it is the customers.  This

has been the kind of event that puts the future of a lot of stores in
doubt.

Tom Sullivan
"In space, no one can hear you whine."

Prev: Re: Fleet Book Availability? Next: Re: Fleet Book Availability?