Prev: Re: AARs-Kessel Next: Re: AAR Battle of Kessel

Re: 15mm Sci-Fi survey

From: Gary Kett <gkett@a...>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 20:20:48 -0400
Subject: Re: 15mm Sci-Fi survey

At 04:21 PM 21/08/98 +1000, Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:
>Kevin Shope wrote:
>>
>> I am considering producing a line of 15mm sci-fi minis...
>>
>> If you are interested or have ideas on what you would like to see in
such a
>> line please email me.

I greatly enjoy 15mm, and think it is the prefect size for almost all
wargaming. Probably the best thing I would like to see is figures
designed
with common sense. For science fiction figures, this seems very rare. I
must
say that many of the 25mm Star Grunt figures I have seen are actually
well
done, if slightly on the thin side. I have a great distain for radical
figures which have giant weapons that a human could never properly
carry,
let alone fire. Powered armour aside. Perhaps some thought on webbing,
or
load bearing vests, as ammo and other essentials must be carried
somewhere.
Again I 've seen figures without such and therefore suitable, at most,
for
Star Port security rather than the Front Line. As for what I would like
see; just a series of well sculptured combat figures, in a number of
various
poses. Give us something we can be proud to put on the table. (if GHQ
can
produce such detailed 285th scale armour, it should not be difficult to
achieve a similiar level of detail on a 15mm figure. Maybe I am
incorrect)

				Gary

Prev: Re: AARs-Kessel Next: Re: AAR Battle of Kessel