Prev: Re: Orbital Insertion Next: Re: Orbital Insertion

Re: Orbital Insertion

From: "Tom Sullivan" <starkfist@h...>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 10:39:09 PDT
Subject: Re: Orbital Insertion

>>Ultimately, of course, I am only bothering to justify this because I
>>think that the Dropship will look really cool on the table.  And
>>isn't that the most important thing?
>
>Nah, that's the second most important thing.  The most important is
>"Is this going to be fun?"  If that floats your boat, you write your
>fluff text.  I personally come from a background that idealizes
>airborne more than marine, so hundreds of powerarmored infantrymen
>with "grav chutes" rings my 'cool bell'.  And it at least makes for
>interesting scenarios:

>OK, I've got a company of power armor spread all over the board.
>You've got a company of militia, three police cars, and a random
>reinforcement chart which varies from a Heavy Grav Tank platoon to a
>militia dragoon company.  :)
>
>John

     Well, there is the "fun" factor as well.  For me, a good bit of the

fun is putting the Cool Things on the table, 'tho.  For example, I have
a goodly number of the old 25mm Ral Partha Kurita battletroops --nice
figs, true 25s, with reasonable looking weapons.  I was never able to
figure out a good APC for them, though....  Until I rediscovered an old
1/72 scale kit that I had stuffed in a box.  It was an American kit,
with a four legged Robotech walker, and it looks really, really nice.
Inefficent as all hell, of course, but the coolness factor is just
waaaay too high in this instance.  All I need to do (again, Real Soon
Now) is replace the hatches with something a little bigger, and build
the kit.  I doubt that the walker will last very long on the Tabletop
(it's hard to miss something that size), but the expression on the
players faces will be well worth it!

Tom Sullivan
"All I want is a warm bed, a nice cup of tea, and absolute power."

Prev: Re: Orbital Insertion Next: Re: Orbital Insertion