Prev: GenCon Plans Next: RE: Canadian Convention

OT: ST Voyager landing, was RE: Strange Idea FT2

From: Ted Arlauskas <ted@n...>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 08:48:31 -0700
Subject: OT: ST Voyager landing, was RE: Strange Idea FT2

>As for planeraty landing why not, if it fits your background,
>it happens in ST Voyager and in Drake's Igniting The Reaches stories,
>where the ship board weapons are pretty bad juju against ground forces.
>
>tim jones
----
-----

It's way off topic, but just a little ST: Voyager trivia.  Remember the
first
time the Voyager landed on a planet?  They went to 'Blue Alert' - the
first
and
only time they did that.  I use to work on the show and was talking to
the
gaffer
one day about that.  The reason they've never gone to 'Blue Alert' again
is
because it cost too much in overtime to have his electricians re-gel the
red
alert lights to blue!  Star Fleet doctrine is really driven by
Paramount's
accountants!

     Greetings from  | http://www.naxera.com/ted
       GEEK BASE 1   |	email: ted@naxera.com

Prev: GenCon Plans Next: RE: Canadian Convention