Prev: Re: Vector movement question was (Re: Movement types etc) Next: Re: Drifting to DSII (was Re: New Fighter Types (drifting OT....))

RE: Vector movement question was (Re: Movement types etc)

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 08:53:19 +0100
Subject: RE: Vector movement question was (Re: Movement types etc)

> we'll stick with the counters and just bump the number upto 24 (maybe
36)

Given the criteria for the using the heading system

I'd go for 36 then you have divided the 360 dgrees into tenths
which makes sense and you round the course to the nearest 36th.

I'd create a circle/ring template divided into 36 which would then be
used
to determine the heading counter to use. After finishing movement place
the template over the ships centre point/locus and align with galactic
north (0 degrees) then read off the new course from the old position to
the new
postion rounding to the nearest heading (players choice if exactly in
the
middle).
It would be worth marking the heading midpoints so that you can easily
decide on
rounding and avoid arguments.

tim jones
--------