Prev: UNSC ships? Next: Re: EFSB playing time.

RE: SG2 Vehicle Questions

From: Ted Arlauskas <ted@n...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 21:45:15 -0700
Subject: RE: SG2 Vehicle Questions

>>a) I've got an APC with 2 turrets, each with an RFAC/1.  I've got a
>>driver and a gunner/commander.  On ACTION 1 of TURN 1 can I fire both
>>weapons?
>>If I fire both weapons, then I assume the vehicle cannot MOVE (because
>>the driver is firing one of the weapons) - is this correct?
>
>As I understand the rules the Vehicle can either MOVE or FIRE in one
>action, just like Infantry Squads. Firing either or both weapons is an
>action; apply normal target priorities for firing.

Okay, I can buy the vehicle either MOVEing or FIREing if it has a crew
of two - driver and commander/gunner.  The driver is busy driving and
the commander is busy telling him where to go.	What if the vehicle
had a dedicated gunner in addition to the other two?  I just have a
hard time with a vehicle having to stop (not move) to fire.  Maybe
I've just seen too many Army recruiting commercials with M1's flying
over dunes with cannons blazing...

>>c)  I've got a WOMBAT APC with a turreted GAC/1 and a pintel mount
>>RFAC/1.  Can I use 1 FIRE action to have the gunner fire the GAC/1
>>at a target and the SAME FIRE ACTION to have a trooper fire the RFAC/1
>>at a different target? the same target?
> I think you will fing that the 'pintle mount' RFAC/1 is more likely an
>External Co-Axial mount aka German Marder.

Guys, I'm basing that example off of the vehicle stats at the back of
the rulebook for the AGCI-5B APC (Wombat is local OU version).
"...additional RFAC/1 pintle-mounted either on turret top or rear
hull."	Based this description I envisioned this as either commander
operated (turret top) or trooper standing up out of troop hatch to
operate (rear hull) ala M113 cavalry variant often seen in Vietnam.
With this example I'm really wondering if I need need two actions to
fire at seperate targets (like firing infantry support weapons at
another target).  I think I'd have to say, "Yes."

     Greetings from  | http://www.naxera.com/ted
       GEEK BASE 1   |	email: ted@naxera.com

Prev: UNSC ships? Next: Re: EFSB playing time.