Prev: RE: Vector movement question was (Re: Movement types etc) Next: UNSC ships?

Re: EFSB playing time.

From: Ted Arlauskas <ted@n...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 21:21:59 -0700
Subject: Re: EFSB playing time.

I like the idea of two battles.  Everytime I've played FT it only takes
couple of hours.  I think (if they're new players) everyone will be
itching to play a second time so they can see if they figured out the
rules/
can kick butt in the next game.

Did you email GeoHex?  I sent email to Jose, the miniatures coordinator,
about having all our tables together.

At 04:23 PM 7/21/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I know how fast I can play a game, and most of the people I play with
can
>play at the same speed (the fact that two of them are Phd's should not
enter
>into the equation).
>
>My question is to help me plan for a convention game with complete
>strangers. My plan is for two (2), two and a half (2 1/2) hour battles
with
>four players each. The first calls for an EF civil war fight between
equal
>sides with a Omega and Hyperion with full fighter loads on each sides.
>(using Brendan Robertson's system, that's 1480 points per side. The
second
>battle two allow 4 new players to play is between the Narns and the
>Centauri. The Centauri have a Primus and a Vorchan plus three extra
fighter
>groups(1892 points). The Narn have a G'quan and T'loth(?) (1920
points).

>Is this plan workable?. Would I be better off with a single larger
battle
>with no change over time (maybe 2500 to 3500 points per side)? By my
way of
>thinking, the two smaller battle will run quicker then one large
battle.

>Scott B. Jaqua
>Systems Manager
>Center Line Wheels, Inc.
>http://www.centerlinewheels.com
-----
>Wheel application information provided by the sales department. If you
have
>additional questions please call the sales department at (562)
921-9637.

     Greetings from  | http://www.naxera.com/ted
       GEEK BASE 1   |	email: ted@naxera.com

Prev: RE: Vector movement question was (Re: Movement types etc) Next: UNSC ships?