Prev: RE: No Good Guys? Next: Re: SG2 Vehicle Questions

Re: No Good Guys? (Re: ATTN Jon T: Free CalTex Government and Society?)

From: "Jonathan A. Gillett" <jagman@u...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 20:48:11 -0600
Subject: Re: No Good Guys? (Re: ATTN Jon T: Free CalTex Government and Society?)

At 10:07 PM 1/27/98 , Gary Kett wrote:
 %< snip >%
>Maybe it would be better
>if we did get back to games that offered kinder world like "Star Wars"
with
>an obvious "Evil" enemy. Maybe not.
>				 Gary

Yeah, those pesky rebel scum deserved what they got!  Blast them for
corrupting the Lord of the Sith in the last movie.  Can't wait to see
the
rise of the Empire in the prequels coming up Real Soon Now.

But then people complain about all those who decide that they want to be
different and play the "EVIL" faction.	I think that more people worry
about the anti-heroes more than the un-hero.  The other thing you have
worry about is that if everyone wanted to play the good guys, who would
be
left to play against?  (Of course, in the battle between good and evil,
evil has more fun.  Go VTOG!)  When everyone has a "grey" background, it
allows players to choose for themselves whom they wish to best represent
them.  By being no better nor any worse, it doesn't make them all bad,
just
as it doesn't make them all good.

And that, IMNSHO, is not, by itself, a Bad Thing.

-JAG

Prev: RE: No Good Guys? Next: Re: SG2 Vehicle Questions