Prev: RE: No Good Guys? (Re: ATTN Jon T: Free CalTex Government and Society?) Next: EFSB playing time.

RE: No Good Guys? (Re: ATTN Jon T: Free CalTex Government and Soc iety?)

From: Nathan Pettigrew <nathanp@M...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 15:49:54 -0700
Subject: RE: No Good Guys? (Re: ATTN Jon T: Free CalTex Government and Soc iety?)

It's a reflection of real life.  Almost every nation has an atrocity in
its
history or has turned a blind eye to a bad situation to protect its
interests.

That doesn't mean individuals can't take up the banner of being a good
hero
or an evil villain.  You can have a moustache twisting, sadist NAC
minister
and an ESU Mother Teresa or vice versa.

The governments of the future, governing ever growing populations on
dozens
of worlds are going to get bigger, more corrupt and increasingly
unwieldy
(unless Jon says so, of course <g>).  Governments go where the power and
money lead them, and rarely is that on the right path.

Just my ramblings,
Nathan

http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu/index.html

==