Prev: Re: ATTN Jon T: Free CalTex Government and Society? Next: Re: Movement types (was:RE: Savasku Questions)

RE: Movement types

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 09:01:02 +0100
Subject: RE: Movement types

> measure (to determine velocity and course), sometimes the
> arrow doesn't point to an exact clockface direction. Should you
'round' it
> to the nearest clockface, or leave it be?

This and Beths post lead me to a conclusion that some people are using
vector
movement differently to the way I do. The way I do it is that the ships
facing
is
a clock face (1-12) but the directional vector _heading_ is not.

It seems other people are rounding the directional vector heading to a
clock
face, which IMO sort of defeats the point of a vector movement system.

As in anything there is no wrong or right answer (whatever works for
you) but
IIRC the original real thrust rule design intention was _not_ to round

--
Tim Jones

The FT FAQ is available at:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3565/faq-index.html
The FT FAQ Forum is available at:
http://forums.delphi.com/m/main.asp?sigdir=fullthrust

Prev: Re: ATTN Jon T: Free CalTex Government and Society? Next: Re: Movement types (was:RE: Savasku Questions)