Prev: Re: GZG-ICQ online chat Next: Re: Conformal Movement

Re: FT Fiction Part Two of two (Long)

From: tom.anderson@a...
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 14:34:31 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: FT Fiction Part Two of two (Long)

Hi all; here with another of my inherently wrong opinions - feel free to
bash seven bells of digested matter out of everything i am about to
write :-) :

(oh, and i'm a bit behind with mail-reading, so if this has already been
said, please overlook it!)

 ---- Los wrote:
> He knew their general location and may them beam only as wide as
> necesary to cover that area.
> > Question, How could the commander send a tight beam to the
> > Kohl if he did not know where it was?

now wait a minute - the Kohl is cloaked, right? the rules have words to
the effect of "nothing gets in, nothing gets out", followed by the joke
about "some gamers i know". surely this precludes all communication with
a cloaked ship? if such communication were possible, then a cloaked ship
would not suffer any information defecit while cloaked, as other ships
could simply relay sensor data (via omnidirectional beams) to it (we
would get swarms of titchy sensor-drones - fighters would do it, we only
need tactical sensors here - and fleets of huge, cloaked battleships
which, having found a target - god knows how - decloak, shoot, and
rapidly recloak; you never know, it could be fun).

mind you, this is based on the MT definition - 'ive not seen the FB.

Tom

Prev: Re: GZG-ICQ online chat Next: Re: Conformal Movement