Prev: Re: New Fighter Types Next: Re: GZG-ICQ online chat

Re: What are these?

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 18:43:58 +0100
Subject: Re: What are these?

>     Whilst wandering the web, I ran across a site with some very nice
>pictures of Epic 40K stuff...not of real interest to the folks of this
>list.	However, in amongst the pictures of the Landraiders and such
were
>several photos of "VTOL Transports" and a partial shot of a "Landing
>Craft".  The page mentions that there are some Copeland/GZG figures in
>the pictures, and thse seem to be the right style.  However, I don't
>recognize them....  The VTOL looks like the "Boxcar" style VTOL with a
>huge turbine engine on each side.  The "Landing Craft" is difficult to
>describe, especially since it is only partially visible, but what I can
>see looks pretty neat.  Were either of these ever released in the US?
>And what are they called?

Haven't checked the page in question, but from your description the VTOL
sounds like the old CMD "heavy" VTOL, which we have back in production
as
the Super Boxcar, code DF-V05; it uses the Boxcar cockpit, a much
enlarged
rear section and two big ducted lift fans on the sides. I suspect the
Landing Craft may be the flatbed VTOL heavy lifter that CMD did - a flat
load deck, small frontal cockpit and four of the same fan units the
Super
Boxcar uses. We've not got round to re-releasing this one yet.

Jon (GZG)