Prev: RE: Fiddling with units Next: Re: ATTN Jon T: Free CalTex Government and Society?

RE: The Phalons (But with serious on topic questions stuck on the bottom)

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 05:28:08 +0100
Subject: RE: The Phalons (But with serious on topic questions stuck on the bottom)

At 07:44 16/07/98 -0500, you wrote:
>On another note we are going to be starting a FT campaign here in Korea
>soon and I am developing some tech trees for it. Has anyone else done
>anything like this before?  If so I would love to see how you went
about
>it.  I am basing ours on the ones found in the SFB campaign book.

       Thanks

       That Chuk Guy

Chuck,
	I did up some campaign rules a while back but never got to use
them. I had
5 linear research paths that the players could follow similtaneously.
Each
path gave them access to different tech items, a gave mostly weapons,
one
gave senors and ecm etc,etc. There were a lot of items that came from
ideas
on the net. I also had a 6th path that was what the alien races that the
players were to encouter had. You could only research and develop these
items if you managed to capture one. You could not get them from the
main
paths. The players were all to generate research points which they could
then spend on the various paths as they saw fit. Each item was a random
number of points (typically 20+d100) further up the path from the last
one.
If you want I could send you the rules via email if you want. Its a Word
file so it shouldn't cause any problems. Let us know anyway.

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

Prev: RE: Fiddling with units Next: Re: ATTN Jon T: Free CalTex Government and Society?