Prev: Re: The Phalons Next: Re: An idea for spotters for snipers

Re: The Phalons

From: Charles Gray <cgray@j...>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 04:08:26 -0700
Subject: Re: The Phalons

Ground Zero Games wrote:

> >> I saw some "Phalons" at SAGA last month, and I think they look
> >>disgusting. They
> >> sort of look snail like, but if you flip them,  they look more like
erect
> >> penises protuding from a scabby scrotal sac, hence the name of the
race,
> >>from
> >> phalus.
> >> GZG were  obviously in jest when they released this line, but I'm
not
> >>laughing.
> >> BTW, everyone who saw the models, about half a dozen people, all
> >>agreeded with
> >> my assesment of their appearance, and they were rapidly named the
"Penis
> >>Ships"
> >
> >   In that case, maybe I don't want to know about any rules for this
race.

> >Enjoy,
> >Tom Granvold 			  <thomas.granvold@eng.sun.com>
>
> The Phalon ships are indeed snail-like in configuration, and were
actually
> inspired by the similarly-shaped ships in Johji Manabe's superb
anime/manga
> series "Outlanders". Yes, they do look rude if you turn them upside
down,
> but the name was chosen AFTER the first few ships were designed  ;).
Rules
> for them are in early testing stages, for inclusion in the FB vol.2.
>  Despite the name, they are NOT intended as a "joke" race - they will
be as
> valid (and dangerous) as any other force, and we've already started to
sell
> quite a few over here, so obviously some people like 'em!
> (BTW, anyonewho gets worried by "symbolism" of that sort should NEVER,
EVER
> even LOOK at the old GW Tyranid stuff (especially the doors in the
Space
> Hulk supplements), or the Kryomek, or anything at all by H.R.
Giger.......
> )	:)

	I once played a War Hammer 40k tyranid game. (OK, stop throwing
things
everybody).  An amature shrink, who had just finished a book about
Freud, sat in the corner with the Codex, and proceeded to analyze it.
It was about three months before I could even look at a Tyranid model
without bursting into laughter.

Prev: Re: The Phalons Next: Re: An idea for spotters for snipers