Prev: Re: The Phalons Next: RE: An idea for spotters for snipers

Re: FB Boarding Factors?

From: Brendan <denian@s...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 21:11:11 -0700
Subject: Re: FB Boarding Factors?

Donald A. Chipman III wrote:
> Are they a direct extension
> of Crew Factors (1CF=1BF) should I follow the MT guideline that there
is
> 1BF for each 4 remaining Damage points on the ship?
> Any thoughts?

They seem to be a direct extension of the crew-factor on new ships BUT
do keep in mind that the smaller ship needs a VERY lucky first roll or
the boarding party will find themselves splattered all over the inner
airlock.
The new crew-factors do give one advantage - as casualties occur, you
can mark off crew factors who have been killed!  Allowing multiple ships
to _gang up_ on a larger ship in one turn or over multiple turns & still
be able to win.

The infrequency of boarding actions in most FT games often makes this
redundant (I have never managed to successfully initiate a boarding
action).

'Neath Southern Skies

Prev: Re: The Phalons Next: RE: An idea for spotters for snipers