Prev: A few questions... Next: RE: A few questions...

Re: A few questions...

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson@q...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 15:55:09 +1000 (EST)
Subject: Re: A few questions...

At 12:18 AM 7/14/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm new to the mailing list and admit to having rummaged around in the
>archives a bit, but please bear with me: I'm learning.
>
>I recently came across a _MARS: Adventures in Miniature Gaming_
(Volume 1,
>number 2) with an article "Even More Thrust", which has some
interesting FT
>advice, technology and aliens in it.
>I'm curious as to the rest of the mailing list's opinion of this
article if
>they've read it.

I've read it.  I thought that most of it was absolute garbage.	It
really
was just more useless stuff to add to a system that was trying to stay
simple.  And most of the systems were very unbalanced.

>Has anyone played with any of these optional rules? I'm particularly
>interested in the spinal laser?

Now that was the WORST system in the article.  Why would anyone want to
use
any other weapon if they had it?  And don't get me started on the AEGIS
system they had.  To be blunt (my apologies to those out there who
either
wrote or liked the article) I thought the whole article was a waste of
space.	While I like the idea of making new systems for the game and I
encourage people to do it, the least they can do is to try and make them
balanced.  The MARS articles had the feeling of being made on the spur
of
the moment with very little thought.

Sorry.	Rant Mode <off>.

>Also the "Maniacs" an alien race in the article carry their fighters on
racks
>not bays which allow instant deployment of the fighters, even if they
are
more
>vulnerable. Has anyone tried this one out on the gaming table yet?

People have mentioned this idea before and it sounds pretty good (one of
the few bits that I read and liked).

>Finally, if FB2 will be aliens is there any chance that FB3 will be of
the
>minor, or unmentioned, powers in the FT universe?

Apparently this is what will happen if they go as far as a third fleet
book.

-Kelvin....

   "And how do you suppose we stop them?
      Get a big red sign with the word
	    STOP written on it?"

Prev: A few questions... Next: RE: A few questions...