Prev: RE: gravity and ftl [longish] (was severalm other things) Next: Re: FT Fiction

RE: LaGrange Points, others

From: Noah Doyle <nvdoyle@m...>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 14:15:01 -0500
Subject: RE: LaGrange Points, others

	I dunno, it would seem to me that the 'where does FTL work'
question is
very much on-topic.  As good as the rules are, it's the strategic
background that we like to thrash around with.	But, I can see a
technical
discussion of what a LaGrange point is being a bit OT.
	I like the 'official' jump rules - pretty much anywhere, that's
not on top
of a big mass.	Means that most battles will be fought around important
points, like planets, asteroid bases, etc.  Though it does make convoy
escort scenarios a bit less likely, and that's a bad thing.  Maybe I'll
shove the jump limit out to 0.01g, and keep detection ranges short.

Noah

Prev: RE: gravity and ftl [longish] (was severalm other things) Next: Re: FT Fiction