Prev: APSWs in SG2 - request for rules Next: RE: Star Wars Figures

RE: Carrier design in FT

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 08:41:50 +0100
Subject: RE: Carrier design in FT

> > Can they launch and recover in
> > the same turn ? We said yes in this case because the carrier in
> > question was a big Brigade through-deck job with more than enough
> > deck space to do both.
> >
> There is no stated rule for this. Use a house rule.

I agree use a house rule, I'd say that the spirit of the rules would
disallow launch and recover on the same turn in the general case.
You make a sensible compromise in that the carrier may be specially
designed to
allow a high throughput. There is no right or wrong answer here only
what makes sense for you.

> > 2) How long do fighters take to refuel / re-arm ? We
> assumed one turn
> > for each endurance point, ie six turns. There were no long-range
> > fighters involved so we didn't have to deal with them.
> >
> Again, no stated rule. Our group uses 3 turns as a house rule for all
> types of fighters.

If you take the defacto standard turn time to be 20 minutes then
it would seem reasonable to be able to refuel/arm fighters in
one turn (given future automation). I think 6 turns is perhaps too long.

If you disallow launch and recovery on the same turn and have one turn
for
re-arming you are still going to have your fighters out of action for
long enough - its at time like this I always visualise the Japanese
carriers
at midway frantically rearming, when...

tim jones
--------

Prev: APSWs in SG2 - request for rules Next: RE: Star Wars Figures