Prev: Re: SG II rules clarification re: GMS and SAW's mind bender Next: RE: NAC units, was Odd FT Idea

RE: Lazy Man's Cammo

From: "Tom Sullivan" <starkfist@h...>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 08:14:35 PDT
Subject: RE: Lazy Man's Cammo

>>	Just some thoughts, of dubious worth.  What do you guys think?
>> Workable, or am I merely dreaming?
>
>I don't think it will work as the decals won't deform enough to cover
>large areas or any surface detail. They are just going to look lumpy
and
>peel and crack. You can only apply a large decal to a totally smooth
>surface with a reasonable curvature. Like the old Star Trek Bird of
prey
>in the three ship set, the bottom of the ship was baby bottom smooth to
>apply the BOP decal and even then it was a total pig to get right.

     I know what you mean.  Oh, god, do I know what you mean....  But I
am not planing on making anything tremendously big.  Most of waht I
would like to do, the "Special Effects", would not require anything
particuarly large.  The lines, of course, would be an exception, but if
I kept them to no more than about three or four inches long it should be

workable.

Tom Sullivan
"A friend in need is an excellent source of income."

Prev: Re: SG II rules clarification re: GMS and SAW's mind bender Next: RE: NAC units, was Odd FT Idea