Prev: Re: SGII EW rules clarification Next: Re: Vulnerability of tanks, aircraft to lower TL attacks

SG II rules clarification re: GMS and SAW's mind bender

From: Trevor Dow <adspirit@p...>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 19:01:40 +1100
Subject: SG II rules clarification re: GMS and SAW's mind bender

Question 1. Can a GMS/P or L be fired at infantry and if so how is
combat resolved?

Assuming yes, does the target squad get more than a D4. The GMS only has

one range band, but does infantry get any modifiers for soft/hard cover?

Personally I would have thought you wouldn't fire a GMS at infantry
because the sergant might get pretty upset if I took a pot shot at a
bunch of dumb grunts with a very expensive anti-armour missle.

This next ones for the vehicle experts......
Question 2. If an MICV has a remote turret containing two rotary SAW's
 with enhanced firecontrol. What die does it roll when attacking
infantry? I can only find heavy weapons VS infantry in the rules and the

rotary SAW's are support weapons, but because they are vehicle mounted
are they now classed as heavy weapons??????

Which below is the correct answer?

a) Quality + 1D10 Firepower die, bad luck about the extra SAW
b) Quality + 2 D10's (2 Firepower die), one for each SAW
c) Quality + 1D8 (Fire control die) bad, luck again for the extra SAW
d) Quality + 2 D8's (2 Fire control die), one for each SAW

Regards
Trevor Dow
Adventurous Spirit

Prev: Re: SGII EW rules clarification Next: Re: Vulnerability of tanks, aircraft to lower TL attacks