Prev: Re: TNE Aslan Minis/Far Future Enterprises Next: RE: Babylon 5

Re: (Stupid BMP tricks)

From: carlparl@j... (Carl J Parlagreco)
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 10:13:07 -0400
Subject: Re: (Stupid BMP tricks)

On Sat, 04 Jul 1998 19:21:08 -0400 Los <los@cris.com> writes:
>John Atkinson wrote:
>
>In the hands of a capable crew (which the kuwaits are most definately
>NOT) the BMP-3 is an excellent weapons system, In some ways better
>than
>the Bradley.
>
>Reliability of the vehicle and it's lethality rest almost exclusively
in
>the hands of who is using it. You put M1A2s and M3s into the hands of
>a poor of mediocre army (typical of our middle eastern friends) and
>they're
>no more dnagerous to us than if they has soviet stuff. This is a point
>many people don't get when they start harping about technology being
>the key factor of army effectiveness.

Kinda like what the Israelis were able to do with all that out-of-date
equipment they had when they were fighting for survival.

Of course, an actual fight for survival adds a certain edge to things,
as
well.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Prev: Re: TNE Aslan Minis/Far Future Enterprises Next: RE: Babylon 5