Prev: Re: Dogs, use of (non-explosive), cats, and grav bikes. Next: Re: Advanced Guided Missile systems

RE: Odd FT Idea

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 18:45:47 +1000
Subject: RE: Odd FT Idea

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Slattery [mailto:richard@mgkc.demon.co.uk]

SNIP
>> (Agreeing with Richard's sentiments) I don't think that by 2183 (150
>> years after Amalgamation and decades of brutal war) that there would
>> be much differentiating between Brit, Canuk & Yank units.  Maybe in
SNIP
>Hmm, I beg to differ. An atlantic does a lot to keep national
>identity seperate, especially when even within the UK each city and
>region has distinct and closely held identities. Also, it makes it
>way more interesting to keep them for gaming purposes.

Well just have a look at the British Army after about 400 years; there
are very strong differences between English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish
(well NI) units. Have alook at WWI or WWII gaming and the flavour they
nationalities add. Welsh Guards, the Buffs, North Wales Borderers. 101st
Airborne, 82nd Airborne, 1/21st Infantry they all have identities that
would be well expected to last another 190 years at least!

Owen G

Prev: Re: Dogs, use of (non-explosive), cats, and grav bikes. Next: Re: Advanced Guided Missile systems