Prev: Re: (Stupid BMP tricks) Next: Dogs, use of (non-explosive), cats, and grav bikes.

Re:(Stupid BMP tricks)

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 15:01:33 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re:(Stupid BMP tricks)

You wrote:

>     I am the first to admit that I am not up on the modern armor
>capabilities.	 However, I think that the BMP-3 only mounts a 30MM
>auto cannon as its main weapon.   If the ATGM capability exists,

Nope--it's got a goofy 100mm tube that fires HE rounds and ATGMs.
Kinda a twinky idea, but Russians for whatever reason can't get the
same accuracy out of their guns us NATOans can--you won't see any
Russian tanks going near the world record for tank kills (5.3 km, set
by some Brit during Desert Storm) any time soon.

John

Prev: Re: (Stupid BMP tricks) Next: Dogs, use of (non-explosive), cats, and grav bikes.