Prev: Re: Question about the "B5-like" GZG minis Next: Re: (Stupid BMP tricks)

Re: A bit OT - Strine (was B5)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 19:51:05 +0100
Subject: Re: A bit OT - Strine (was B5)

John A. wrote:
[snip]

>>Wanker - practioner of (usually intellectual) self-abuse, similar. As
>in >"I saw a telecast of the US Senate yesterday. What a bunch of
>Wankers!"
>
>Useful--I may have to adopt.  "Saw Jesse Helms on C-SPAN yesterday.
>What a Wanker!".

It is quite wonderful that not many denizens of the US seem to know this
term. To the point where WEG managed to print it (in biggish letters) on
the back cover of their Tank Girl RPG.....  :)

There is also an amusing anecdote in SF Fandom of a "charades" game held
some time ago at an SF Con, during which a respected author (sorry,
dunno
who) was given the subject of "Servants of the Wankh", an
interestingly-titled novel by Jack Vance; what the poor unfortunate did
NOT
know was that the rest of the teams had been briefed in advance that
NO-ONE
was to guess it, no matter WHAT he did......

It's little things like this that reaffirm one's belief in human nature.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Question about the "B5-like" GZG minis Next: Re: (Stupid BMP tricks)