Prev: Re: mine-dogs and other bioweapons Next: Re: mine-dogs and other bioweapons

Re:(Stupid BMP tricks)

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 10:47:22 -0700
Subject: Re:(Stupid BMP tricks)

Los wrote:

> BTW the BMP-3 fires the AT10 Stabber missle through it's gun tube.
Once through
> the rocket motor kicks in. It is laser guyided has a range of 4000m
and
> estimated (by us) armor penetration of 500mm. The APC alse fires 100mm
HE
> rounds (mostly to support infantry) It carries 22 HE rounds and 8
Stabbers. It
> aslo mounts a coax 30mm autocannon  (max rng 2k).
>
> Los

Los,
     I am the first to admit that I am not up on the modern armor
capabilities.	However, I think that the BMP-3 only mounts a 30MM
auto cannon as its main weapon.   If the ATGM capability exists,
it exists in the same form as on the BMP-2 (75MM gun, I think),
as a launching rail atop the main gun.	 (Yes, getting out to fit
another missile in a combat situation will be very hazardous to
ones health, but thats why armored infantry get the extra pay and
'elite' status.)

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: mine-dogs and other bioweapons Next: Re: mine-dogs and other bioweapons