Prev: Re: Odd FT Idea Next: Re: Orbits, Detailed (Long!) repost

Re: Odd FT Idea

From: <Sabmason@a...>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 00:48:26 EDT
Subject: Re: Odd FT Idea

In a message dated 98-07-04 00:21:33 EDT, Richard S. writes:

<< As a side note, I refer to UK citizens as brits, it's easier. Do the
 americans on this list have any objections to me calling them Yanks?
 It's traditional for Brits to call you /all/ yanks, whether you are
 Yankees or not. >>

Yank seems OK to me.  Personally, I prefer 'Ami' - sounds more like
'amicable', a quality I think that we should work on.  'Yank', well,
conjures
up pictures of indecent exposure and/or lewd acts, but it's fine,
really.
'Brit' is the usual term, AFAIK.  What are the Canadians?  Is 'Canuk'
perjorative?  I guess that 'Future US Citizen' won't fly ;)  Are the
Australians 'Aussies'?	'Ozzies'?

Prev: Re: Odd FT Idea Next: Re: Orbits, Detailed (Long!) repost