Prev: Re: Advanced Guided Missile systems Next: Re: Advanced Guided Missile systems

Re: John Atkinson

From: "Richard Slattery" <richard@m...>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 04:19:00 +0000
Subject: Re: John Atkinson

Hmm, I'll jump in for both sides here. (And rather like the UN,
probably get shot at by both).

John tends to speak right off the top of his head (don't say it's
another orifice, please ;) He doesn't mean to be offensive, and has
said as much several times. He sometimes comes across as rude,
patronising, condescending, etc. (Well, you do John ;)

Just understand that, take it with a pinch of salt. Assume the best
rather than the worst when he 'talks' here. A lot can be
misinterpreted via an ascii only medium.

Perhaps an extra line in his sig
-
I'm not as offensive as I might seem ;)
-

Everyone, take a deep breath, kick the dog (OHNO, don't flame me over
that!) erm... cat... erm inanimate object.

Anyway.. you get the picture... life is too short, and cut down on
the coffee.

On  3 Jul 98 at 21:38, Thomas E Hughes wrote:

> John, I find your remarks to be offensive and uncalled for.
>
> In my entire time on this list you are the only person who goes out
> his way to put down people on this list. I have enjoyed the
> collegiality of everyone here in discussing matters both near and
> far to gaming. I think you owe everyone an apology.
>
> Tom Hughes
>

> On Fri, 3 Jul 1998 08:40:20 -0500 (CDT) jatkins6@ix.netcom.com (John
> Atkinson) writes:
> >You wrote:
> >
> >>  The next is the HEAT round - High Explosive Anti-Tank which is a
> >>  The 3rd and not mentioned is the HESH round - High Explosive
Squash

> >I'm NOT a tanker, so the difference between these two is to me, moot.

> >They're both anti-armor rounds with a secondary blast effect.
> >Differences in penetration are so far below the granularity of
> >Stargrunt, much less Dirtside.
> >
> >John

> _ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.
> Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call
> Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Richard Slattery	     richard@mgkc.demon.co.uk
Americans will put up with anything provided it doesn't block traffic.
     Dan Rather

Prev: Re: Advanced Guided Missile systems Next: Re: Advanced Guided Missile systems