Prev: Re: SAW versus HMGs in StarGrunt and DirtSide Next: Re: Advanced Guided Missile systems

Re: John Atkinson

From: <Sabmason@a...>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 22:55:05 EDT
Subject: Re: John Atkinson

In a message dated 98-07-03 22:36:56 EDT, Tom H writes:

<< >>  The next is the HEAT round - High Explosive Anti-Tank which is a
 >>  The 3rd and not mentioned is the HESH round - High Explosive Squash
 >
 >I'm NOT a tanker, so the difference between these two is to me, moot.

 >They're both anti-armor rounds with a secondary blast effect.
 >Differences in penetration are so far below the granularity of
 >Stargrunt, much less Dirtside.
 >
 >John

Um, maybe it's me, but I don't see the problem here.  Is this the post
that's
supposed to be offensive?  John's always been stuck-up about being an
engineer
:), and he's always been blunt about this sort of thing.  Aside: he's
right,
too.  Penetration is modeled into the chit color system in DS2, and into
FP
vs. Impact in SG2.

Noah

Prev: Re: SAW versus HMGs in StarGrunt and DirtSide Next: Re: Advanced Guided Missile systems