Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Next: Re: Odd FT Idea

Re: Odd FT Idea)

From: carlparl@j... (Carl J Parlagreco)
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 20:47:09 -0400
Subject: Re: Odd FT Idea)

On Thu, 2 Jul 1998 22:30:26 EDT <NVDoyle@aol.com> writes:
>     As for how well the old USA and UK units combined, after the
>Pacification, Amalgamation (into the AC) and the ensuing 15-year War
>of the
>Americas, and then the 2-year lightning campaign into South America 25
>years
>later, I think that most differences would be past.
Let's see. We're talking 15+2+25=42 years for the differences to be
past.
Ha! Looking at how many people are fighting a war that ended 133 years
ago, I don't think you're giving enough, er, uhm, credit to the tenacity
of some of the folks in this country.

>contingent (ex: Ghurkas), there are probably some surviving in the
>NAC,
>descendants of those who were used during the Pacification.  They
>probably put
>the Ghurkas in the American South as 'peacekeepers'.  I would.
Oh, yeah. *That's* going to sit well with the populace.

Sorry, I hope I don't sound too cranky, but I've seen some of these
folks
in action.

>It's kind
>of a refreshing change from 'US takes over the world' - although that
>isn't _too_ bad :)
It is different, but I'm personally rooting for Australia to lead us to
the stars. Commodore Grimes, where are you?

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Next: Re: Odd FT Idea