Prev: Re: Orbits, Detailed (Long!) repost Next: Re: Odd FT Idea

Re: Odd FT Idea

From: "Richard Slattery" <richard@m...>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 00:32:08 +0000
Subject: Re: Odd FT Idea

On  2 Jul 98 at 13:41, Jonathan White wrote:

> On 2 Jul 98, at 8:11, NVDoyle@aol.com wrote:
[snip]

> > Could it not be feasible that by this point, the RCC would be rather
> > powerful?  The NAC is probably heavily Protestant/Episcopal, The ESU
is
> Not necessarily true.  A large proportion of Uk residents are
> catholic - and the IR is one of the most catholic nations on the
> planet. Whether the church has any secular power is a different
> issue to this but the UK is a significantly catholic country, more
> as you head north. I think it would depend on how much power you
> think the Royal Family represents within the NAC - since technically
> the RCC and the Brit Royal Family don't have a great history
> together..

Hmm, well, the vastly overwhelming 'religion' in the UK is actualy
atheist/agnostic, but *christened* catholic or protestant. *Most*
Brits don't go to church regularly, and hold no strong religious
beliefs. Church attendance is poor, and falling. Religion is nowhere
near as important an issue here as in other parts of the world, and
is of little or no political influence. (NI apart, which most brits
don't see as a religious issue anyway, no flames please)
Richard Slattery	     richard@mgkc.demon.co.uk
An economist is a surgeon with an excellent scalpel and a rough-edged
lancet, who operates beautifully on the dead and
tortures the living.
     Nicholas Chamfort

Prev: Re: Orbits, Detailed (Long!) repost Next: Re: Odd FT Idea