Prev: Bats Away! (really OT) Next: Fort Worth Area

Re: sniper weapons for SGII

From: tom411@j... (Thomas E Hughes)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 22:57:01 -0500
Subject: Re: sniper weapons for SGII

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998 14:56:20 -0500 Thomas Barclay
<Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca> writes:
>Wouldn't work too well with a grav tank, assuming the repulsion is
>generated by the aerodynamic hull, hence no transmission or running
>gear (you'd have to attack the hull to attack the grav unit) and
>presumably a fusion plant (self-contained) removing the need for much
>in the way of engine intakes.

The really big power plant would give off one heck of a lot of heat so
it
would have cooling fans? heat exchangers? etc.? at least something
fairly
vulnerable. (By the way reactors give off heat not electricity. Its the
heat which is converted to electricity.)

>These tanks might be hard to attack (if they hover 10 feet up,
>infantry can't board to shove charges or grenades into things). The
>one point about such a tank is it must armor all six sides as it
>cannot guarantee it won't be attacked by other grav tanks from above
>or beneath (or the rear) hence the armor might be a tad thinner than
>on a tank which only has to armor four faces well (or five).

I think you had better rethink your solution to infantry (hiding ten
feet
up!) It has one serious drawback. You've just made yourself a better
target for any other vehicle, weapon or aircraft on the board. I think
that solution is worse than the cure.

I suspect the best thing about grav tanks is just where they CAN hide;
in
holes(pull a pop-up), in a swamp, in the middle of a thicket(float down
into it, leave no traks in or out.)

Tom Hughes

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Prev: Bats Away! (really OT) Next: Fort Worth Area