Prev: Elephant Guns Next: Re: Communication and Travel

RE: sniper weapons for SGII

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 15:19:05 +1000
Subject: RE: sniper weapons for SGII

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan White [mailto:jw4@bolton.ac.uk]

>> Q. Just for the record whats the go with the Heavy Anti-Material
Rifle
>> (HAMR? and yes I've read the little blurb on page 27. Is it supposed
to be
>> a rifle that fires "anti-matter" slugs or is it just given that name
>> because of the nasty effect it has on any target it hits.
>It's a solid slug rifle. I think in this case 'Material' is the term
some military arms use for
>anything that isn't a person. Isn't the rifle for shooting thin skinned
vehicles and stuff
>(and power armour troops natch)?

Jon, "Materiel" note the 'e' is the correct term. The weapons exist now;
your good old Barret .50 cal, and Steyr have a similar weapon that fires
a sabot round.

Personally in SGII the HAMR would make teh best anti-PA weapon you could
get. Used as a sniper weapon you get a d12X2 impact for a Major hit on a
target! That'll shake any PA squad! Useful aginst light armoured
vehicles too!

Prev: Elephant Guns Next: Re: Communication and Travel