Prev: Re: sniper weapons for SGII Next: Re: sniper weapons for SGII

Re: sniper weapons for SGII

From: Jeremey Claridge <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 13:45:29 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: sniper weapons for SGII

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998 12:56:23 +0100 Jonathan White <jw4@bolton.ac.uk>
wrote:

> On 26 Jun 98, at 21:55, Trevor Dow wrote:
>
> > Q. Just for the record whats the go with the Heavy Anti-Material
Rifle
> > (HAMR? and yes I've read the little blurb on page 27. Is it supposed
to be
> > a rifle that fires "anti-matter" slugs or is it just given that name
> > because of the nasty effect it has on any target it hits.
> It's a solid slug rifle. I think in this case 'Material' is the term
some military arms use for
> anything that isn't a person. Isn't the rifle for shooting thin
skinned  vehicles and stuff
> (and power armour troops natch)?
>
>			TTFN
>					Jon

Some one I know who knows things! (as much as I'm saying :)

Tells me that armed forces are at the planning stage for these
weapons. But they are actually talking tank killing !
So does this mean Snipers taking out tanks.

Sometimes I wonder whether Frank Herbert knew more than he was
letting on.
Combat in the year 10191 run up and knife the opposition!
because every other weapon is usless or has bad side effects.

Jeremey Claridge
jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk

Prev: Re: sniper weapons for SGII Next: Re: sniper weapons for SGII