Prev: Re: sniper weapons for SGII Next: Re: sniper weapons for SGII

Re: Table Size (was Room to Game)

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 08:35:40 -0600
Subject: Re: Table Size (was Room to Game)

On Fri, 26 Jun 98 08:18:45 -0600, dean.gundberg@bcbsnd.com writes:
> Now to my question.  What size table should I build?	I was thinking
of
> creating my own table with plywood and 2x4s but how big of a playing
surface
> should I create?  What do you guys use and what size would be your
'ideal
> size' for a table, one that is big enough for fleet actions but small
enough
> to be accessible from all sides?  Also do you prefer tables of normal
hight
> or low ones like I see at some game stores?

If you're building it yourself, 4x8' works really well.  Starting with
a pice of 3/4 or 5/8 plywood and then frame in a square on the bottom
with 2x4"'s and add 4x4 legs.  Solid as a tank.

(can you tell I have one of these?  Of course, mine got co-opted as a
computer table, but oh well.  It seems I do more gaming via email and
on the computer than I do face to face these days.  Something about
spending a hour every other night at 9 or 10pm gaming)

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: Re: sniper weapons for SGII Next: Re: sniper weapons for SGII