Prev: RE: Table Size (was Room to Game) Next: Table Size (was Room to Game)

Re: Mini Stands

From: "Tom Sullivan" <starkfist@h...>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 07:13:34 PDT
Subject: Re: Mini Stands

>Speaking of plastic hex stands.  I recently glued a bunch of
>ships together that use these things, and have had 3 already
>break off, after only 2 games.  I've got some ideas on how I can
>strengthen them ... but most involve a fair amount of work.
>
>Does anybody have any great ways of fixing the breakage problem?
>
>In particular, when they are already glued to a ship?
>
>Daryl "Hope this isn't too far off of topic" Lonnon

I had to do this for a number of my VTOLs, and I quickly got sick of it.

I know use the Metal bases, with the bottoms flocked, when I can.  The
only way that I have come up with to fix the broken one is to file the
top of the broken base flat, drill a hole in it, glue a section of wire
into the hole, repeat the process with the piece of plastic still stuck
in the ship, glue the whole thing, and hope like hell that it will hold.

Generally, it does.

Tom Sullivan
"That's not what I meant by ground effect, you know...."

Prev: RE: Table Size (was Room to Game) Next: Table Size (was Room to Game)