Prev: Re: sniper weapons for SGII Next: RE: Table Size (was Room to Game)

Re: Table Size (was Room to Game)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 15:10:34 +0100
Subject: Re: Table Size (was Room to Game)

> My wife and I are buying a house (if we can ever get through all this
> financing paperwork) and I have been promised one of the rooms as my
> "Spaceship Room" as she calls it.  Its a finished room in the basement
I can
> fill with boxes of games, miniatures, and a table.
>
> Now to my question.  What size table should I build?	I was thinking
of
> creating my own table with plywood and 2x4s but how big of a playing
surface
> should I create?  What do you guys use and what size would be your
'ideal
> size' for a table, one that is big enough for fleet actions but small
enough
> to be accessible from all sides?  Also do you prefer tables of normal
hight
> or low ones like I see at some game stores?

I would suggest nothing bigger than 12'x6' as a maximum - if you have
room
for this, then you're very lucky!! Even a 6 ft. width is a bit much to
reach the centre, especially for shorter players (sorry, "vertically
challenged" in these enlightened PC days...). 4'x6' or 4'x8' is usually
enough for most games, IMHO.

Jon (GZG)