Prev: Re: How to kill a GEV tank Next: Re: New ships (details)

Re: Editing GZG figs...

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 16:18:27 -0500
Subject: Re: Editing GZG figs...

Mike spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> BTW, why is it that the GHQ stuff is so incredibly, perfectly detailed
> and the other genre houses have such a difficult time with it?

If you've ever seen GHQ microarmour, you'll know it smokes the
competition. The detail level they achieve on their WW2 panzers is
amazing. It so far out classes the products of Scotia and some of the
other competitors you'd think they weren't in the same business.

I assume they spend a lot on sculpting which probably has a lot to do
with it. Detail probably translates to harder to cast and harder to
sculpt or slower and more costly at least. That's why GHQ stuff ain't
cheap.

OTOH, My OU SG2 figures are excellent quality so I can't fault the
manufacturer - they certainly have good detail and are nicely cast.
Excellent work I'd say, having seen a fair number of figs in my time.

Tom.

Prev: Re: How to kill a GEV tank Next: Re: New ships (details)