Prev: Re: FSE Ships cool? Next: Editing GZG figs...

Re: How to kill a GEV tank

From: "Tom Sullivan" <starkfist@h...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 10:24:32 PDT
Subject: Re: How to kill a GEV tank

>>There were several unsupported panzer attacks
>>without full infantry support IIRC.
>
>Note that Hammer's Slammers was written based on Drake's experiences in

>Vietnam, specifically the invasion of Cambodia.  He was going through
>some rather poor-quality infantry--second-line and inexperienced PAVN
>troops.  And they do have 'combat car' (Read: ACAV, M-113s with
>multiple machine guns) support on most occasions.
>
>>These systems exist in DS2.
>
>APFCs are a difficult to use if you've got infantry of your own--I
>don't permit them to be active if there is even one friendly platoon of

>infantry anywhere on the board.
>
>John

     Really?  That seems a bit harsh.  I would think that IFF chips
would tend to make the use of APFCs a bit safer than that.  Personally,
I let them work unless there is a unit of friendlys between the tank and

the unit firing at it.

     It's a slow day at work, as you have all no doubt guessed.  In
fact, I am sitting here reading Drake's "Caught in the Crossfire",
speaking of the Slammers.  Did GZG ever release the Dirtside scale AA
guns?  The one's that were first released as 25mm resin, with a hover
chassis?  I want some.

Tom Sullivan
"'What we're going to do,'Broglie said, taking charge of the discussion
again, 'is turn a sow's ear into a...nice synthetic purse, let's say.'"

Prev: Re: FSE Ships cool? Next: Editing GZG figs...