Prev: Re: SMLs Next: Re: FTFB--new fleet design philosophies.

Re: How to kill a <grav> tank :)

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 00:21:42 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: How to kill a <grav> tank :)

You wrote:

>Urk.  That would probably work.  But, true to form, if the Infantry
let you >get that close, they deserve to lose a neato toy like the

And you've seen armor officers use their attached infantry properly how
often? I once listened to an armor officer talk about attached infantry
(I game early modern with him and we got onto topic because I compared
Renaissance cavalrymen to modern tankers) soley in terms of how they
could add to the armor-killing capabilities of his task force.	Uh-uh.
Not the way this game is played.  Infantry escort tanks to keep other
infantry (and those Damned Engineers) from killing them.

>'targeting' laser..target tanks through anything, targets infantry,
targets >eyeballs...heh, heh, heh.

Whereupon helmets start having laser-resistant visors as standard. . .

>Who refrains from modeling laser blinding weapons in DS2 or SG2,
really

Presume everyone has eye protection, whether modelled with it or not.
By then, you'll have laser-proof contact lenses.

John

Prev: Re: SMLs Next: Re: FTFB--new fleet design philosophies.