Prev: Re: Earth Force Sourcebook Next: I can't unsubscribe!!!!

Re: FT3 rules and SMs

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 19:40:01 -0700
Subject: Re: FT3 rules and SMs

mehawk@internetcds.com (Michael Sandy) wrote:

[mass snippage]

>In order to reopen the range we would have to turn away from our
>opponent, giving him a free shot.  So counting on a long engagement
>in the 24-36" is silly.

The key to a long range engagement is to never directly close with your
opponent. That way when he makes a concentrated effort to close the
range
(and you're not ready to let him do that yet), you can open the range
obliquely, allowing you to use weapons.

If using the vector system, however, it only takes a Thrust 4 ship to be
able to rotate in one direction and shoot in another.

[more snipping]

>How much Point Defense Systems should I buy?

Given the ongoing discussion regarding SMLs, lots.

[snipped remainer of good analysis]

Schoon

Prev: Re: Earth Force Sourcebook Next: I can't unsubscribe!!!!